Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A Hero that I've Lost to

I want to share a person with you people. He is one of my respected person in my life.

He is an entrepreneur in Ipoh. He owns a company. His office is shop-lot type. He is producing video, as a platform to advertise other company.

He interviewed me when I asked for a position of video editor. As requested, I had to edit a motion picture exactly the same with their production in 24 hours.

He has a team. He leads the team. He motivates the team. In the meeting, he praises his team. He said in the meeting: "Let me introduce this guy (me), he is an expert in video editing, later he will show his work to us."

Did you know he haven't see my work yet? He said I'm an expert. However, I feel great, because he has expectation, to me(his team member). I believe you will feel the same, not mentioning it sarcastically.

I finished only about 45-seconds video, which is did not complete the 3 minutes video. He said that it was my laptop's problem, where it cannot support the editing. The real reason was my weak skill in editing. He made me feel that I was trusted in the job. I feel bad too, to disappoint him.

He said that the production (video) was not made by him, he asked me how I did it. After some discussions, I knew that he made the video, where he knows everything. After all, I feel that his knowledge is more than me, definitely. Yet, he still ask me "How to do it?" This made me think that he want to learn from me, the skills that I have, where in reality I don't have. This show how humble he was.

I'm impressed that:
1. He leads and motivates his team very well.
2. He accepts team member's mistakes.
3. He is very positive, in thinking and speech.
4. He is humble and willing to learn from younger people.
5. He has a very strong presentation skill, as well as communication skill.

In the end, to cut the story short, he was fooling me (he said it), asking me to do a video. He was actually want to see my skill (he didn't say it out). He wanted to hire promoter (I knew before I go to the interview).

Though I felt like a donkey, fooled by him. I did the video overnight, really put effort to do it. As a result, it was a just a game. However, I found it meaningful. I might look like a fool, but I have learned more than a fool.

The video really require skills and time -my eyes opened. The attitude that he has, is CEO's -I'm grateful that I met him. He is going to be success, I know it, because he has a very different attitude that I have already mentioned -successful person's attitude.

I have to mention that he is a PhD holder (EE, ME, Computer Sc, Physics, Math). He showed me his resume and his thesis. You ask yourself, where got employer show his qualification to the interviewee one. First time. LOL.

Before I leave, I asked him a question "Why do you join this field (video production)?" He replied "The forecast tells it. This business will grow. Opportunity is the key. When the time is right, do the right business." He told me also that he did years of research before he began the business.

Woow. I must take his advice. You too.

I hardly tell everything in detail here, you gonna experience it!

4 comments:

hueihli said...

wao...dunno when i cn meet tis kind of ppl

sem said...

lol..i hav met tis person b4!!
his office is at da same row wif woodoo...
name is office 8,rite?

yongkim said...

ehh ~~ ehh ~~

how did u know, sem?

woow... i mean reallly wow..

tel me tel me.

sem said...

oso like u
went for a job..
he ask my fren 2 challenge him..
lolzz
act he wan 2 hire promoters jek..