Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The B factor


A fresh graduate engineer, can get a job with minimum RM2,000 monthly salary. It can go up to over RM10,000 per month, after years of experience. A fresh graduate who studied mass communication, get a job with monthly salary RM1,800 is not surprised. After years, one can get about RM3,000 ++.

This issue had been bugging me before this, to make decision for taking mass communication. This is the one which holds me from going further. I was thinking about my future, my car, my house, my sound systems. Ahha. Now, I have made my mind, because of this -bible.

  • Ecclesiastes 5:10 says, "Whoever loves money never has money enough; whoever loves wealth is never satisfied with his income. ..."
Since our God holds our future, why do I need to worry about my salary? I shall work, work hard. Work not for the pay, not for the salary, not for the bosses, but work to earn treasures in heaven.

  • Matthew 6:19-20 says, "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal."

I'm a boy, having not many strength. Yet, I have a little interest in film field. I really don't know what I can do, especially for now, because I have nothing great. I would like to give my little offering for God. As God is my strength, God is my hope, God is my future, God is my everything. Then, Jesus will do the rest.


  • John 6:9 says, "Here is a boy with five small barley loaves and two small fish, ..."

Jesus took the five small barley loaves and two small fish, gave thanks, and fed the hungry five thousands. It's all not about me, but how Jesus can perform miracle. I want Jesus to do that for me too. You can do the same, because God loves everyone on earth whom He created, and blesses those who believe in Him.

  • Luke 19:12-19 mentioned a parable, "A man of noble birth went to a distant country to have himself appointed king and then to return. So he called ten of his servants and gave them ten minas. 'Put this money to work,' he said, 'until I come back.' But his subjects hated him and sent a delegation after him to say, 'We don't want this man to be our king.' He was made king, however, and returned home. Then he sent for the servants to whom he had given the money, in order to find out what they had gained with it. The first one came and said, 'Sir, your mina has earned ten more.' 'Well done, my good servant!' his master replied. 'Because you have been trustworthy in a very small matter, take charge of ten cities.' The second came and said, 'Sir, your mina has earned five more.' His master answered, 'You take charge of five cities.' "

Although I have not many mina, but I don't want to keep it in my pocket. I want to be like the first and second servant in the parable. I want to multiply it, for God's glory.

1 comment:

To Glorify Him said...

hey bro, indeed it not the money that counts at the end of the day, but ur heart and desire for God..money is imporant but God's plans and purposes are most important.