Friday, December 17, 2010

Where to Go

    All started with a question -Where to go? Then, everyone starts going. We spot an empty round table. In an environment of no air-conditioning, six of us starts to take our own food.
    It's a buffet. The concept is any of us could take any amount of food that is available, with no limit, paying a same price. The problem for me is that, most of the food is raw -uncooked. Therefore, we have to pour the raw food into a bowl of soup on our table, wait for the food to be cooked. Without much caring much about cooking, I take some fried rice which is ready-made.
    The conversation we have is pretty similar with old times.
    "I'm so fat. I've to get slimmer."
    "There're not much women play sport games."
    "Who said so? I've seen few women play... It's just they are... their size is... uhm... a little bigger."
    Everyone laughs.
    We have fun times together, especially seeing each' person uniqueness and way of thinking. From there we can see their experience and how they have been in their study life. We are old friends who know each other for quite some time. We studied together in a same school. Now, we are studying in not the same place.
    The night is filled with food and jokes. In a way, isn't it too empty?
    While I leave my table for, perhaps food or more ice cream, I see one young pretty teenage girl or two. After getting what I want, I go back to my seat. Perhaps its my strategic location seat. From time to time, more teenage girls pass by my table. I thought myself I was at their age too.
    My appetite is for noodles and meatballs. After few round of eating, I get myself full. I say to myself, it's enough. It's amazing how my friends are keep going eating. I warn myself not to eat too full, even though it is buffet. It's a mindset I was given.
    "You eat little, or much, you pay the same amount of money. Why not eat to the max?"
    Oh. How pathetic to pay amount of money to torture our stomach with food. Stuffing more food even though it is full, because of greed? No way.
    What I like about this shop is that the concept of cooking together. This may make the night longer and easier. Definitely the food doesn't worth our RM23. With that amount of money, I could get better quality of food and nice drink, get satisfied in an air-conditioned, well decorated restaurant. However, it is worth to get our food to be put into a same bowl, and eat.

No comments: